It’s yet another Tuesday; another time to voice out the complaints we have about our areas. Well, that’s how it used to be until this morning, when there was a certain twist in the order of the show. So instead of complaining as usual, it became a ‘Bragging Right Tuesday’. You know that our religious leaders will always say that we should confess good things about our nation. That was applied to the show this morning. Thus instead of the usual pity-party, it was a celebration galore on Top Morning with Area Mama on Top Radio 90.9 on Tuesday, 18th of August, 2009.
The traffic update came as part of the package on the show though. The traffic at places like: Bariga, Alagbole, Iyana-Oba, Ogba, Berger, Mende, Ikorodu, Oko-Oba, Marina, and Abule-Egba wasw quite light. Conversely, the traffic at places like: Iyana-Ipaja, Akowonjo, Shasha, Yaba, Barracks, Third Mainland Bridge and Onikan was quite heavy as some people complained that the traffic jam in most of these places was bumper-to-bumper. The weather, on the other hand, as recorded in all these places was very cold and it even rained in some places.
Back to the ‘Bragging Right, some people bragged about an almost-constant power supply in their area. Some others bragged about their pot-hole free environment. A few other people also bragged about the safe condition of their area while some bragged about their neighbours. It was quite difficult for many people to find the good in their areas though but I’m sure that next week, many more people will find good reasons to appreciate their areas.
For the Yarn-Free Zone today, we listened to songs from 3 artistes who were once participants in the American Idol competition. They were: Garret Gates; Clay Aiken singing Invisible; and David Achiletta singing Crush. Thereafter, it was time for the Versus Show. This is the show wherein a topic is brought up for discussion- not just a discussion though. It is more like a debate or a game of choice. Today, ‘the versus’ was between staying on the Island and staying on the Island. Listeners were to either call in or send text messages to state which of the two places they would rather live in, and state their reasons for choosing whichever one. As with such discussions as this, there were various reasons for people’s different choices. Eventually, Tosyn announced the result of the poll and lo and behold, the Mainland was ahead of the Island by ... points. Lol
Top 9 Moments with Aramide went in this order:
· The anti-touting committee of the Nigerien Bar Association, Ibadan branch, recorded successrecently when it secured a 2-year jail term for Adegboyega Adeniran, a man who had practiced law in Ibadan for decades without a license.
· Frederick Chluba, the former President of Zambia whose government became internationally notorious for corruption durin his years in office, was acquitted yesterday for charges of stealing about $500,000 from the state.
· The Zimbabwe dollar is reported to be officially dead. It was killed off in hopes of curbing record world inflation of billions of percentage points, and Zimbabwe ahs replaced it with the U.S. dollar and the South African rand.
· Drowsy spectators in one suburban Chicago courtroom might want to stifle their yawns from now on because one Clifton Williams is facing months in jail for making what the court documents call a yawn-likesound in Judge Daniel Rozak’s court last month.
· The risk of power cuts during the 2010 soccer world cup has been averted because the global economic crisis has reduced South African consumption.
After the Top 9 Moments, it was time for the ‘How To Show’- the only show on the planet where you get tips on how to... lol. Today, the show was: ‘how to look 10 years older than you are’ and there were helpful tips such as:
1. Worry all day so your hair gets grey on time
2. Just sit and stare. Don’t do anything all day long.
3. Rub bleaching cream and go under the sun to roast
4. Live in the past through clothes you wear, hairstyles you do and slangs you use.
5. Create your own wrinkles... strong your face all the time
6. Disapprove of everything and everyone
7. Carry all the troubles of the world on your shoulder
8. As for the ladies, cover your face with 6 inches of powder, shave off all your eyebrows then draw a curved line that reaches your ear and wear lipstick that looks like war paint.
9. The last tip is for the guys: Grow a Moses beard and carry a Don Jazzy stick.
If you think these tips are crazy, then you should’ve heard the tips that came in as text messages. They were simply undisbelievably! Thanks for not considering putting these things to use.