Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it’s another time for the most interesting show on any blessed Tuesday. It’s another Townhall Tuesday with the gorgeous and amiable Tosyn Bucknor, Area Mama, Double 09, Sweet 16 or any other good name that suits you. It’s that day of the week where people get to lay complaints about their numerous or few grievances about the on-goings in their areas. But as usual, there’s no show without the Area Show with the only and only Area Mama herself.
The traffic updates from: Ajah, Mangoro, Iyana-Iba, Sango, Sabo, Berger, Owode, Abule-Egba, Ojo, Agiliti, Bariga, Ikeja, Agege, College Road, and Ikoyi revealed that these places were quite free this morning. On the other hand, the traffic at: Adekoya, Marina, Falomo, Maza Maza, Yaba, Barracks, 3rd Mainland Bridge and Obalende was quite heavy. Generally, the weather was quite chilly in all these areas. Someone even said that in his area, the weather is so cold he wonders if we’re experiencing winter in Nigeria.
The tradition on every Townhall Tuesday is to plead and complain and plead and complain a little bit more. Therefore, the lines were open for people to either call or send in texts about their complaints or to express their appreciation. Many people today complained about PHCN, ASUU, the Nigerian Water Corporation and bad roads. However, a few people applauded PHCN for power supply. Weird ain’t it?
In the Yarn-Free Zone today, it was an all American Idol special. We listened to songs from: Clay who sang Invisible; David with crush; and Daughtery with Over you. There couldn’t have been a better match of talents, could there? a new twist has been introduced to the Townhall show on Top Radio. It’s called the Versus Tuesday Special. This is how it goes down: we listen to two or more songs from different artistes. They’re mostly saying absolutely different things. Nelly Furtado and Dido kicked it off this morning with their songs- Like a bird and Hunter, respectively. From then, it was music, music and more music on a challenging note.
Top 9 Moments highlights for today include:
· The fact that talk show queen- Oprah Winfrey used to have a policy for her show- no rappers. But for the first time in nearly a decade, we learnt that she’s going to break it. She will feature Platinum-Selling rapper, Jay-z on her afternoon talk show. Whoa!
· Having a Narcissistic-self-serving-boss creates a toxic environment for everyone who has contact with such a boss, according to U.S. researchers.
· 24 star Keifer Sutherland has just been named U.S. TV’s top-paid actor- taking home $550,000 for every outing as counter-terrorist agent Jack Bauer. But fans of this series will be sad to know it could be coming to an end.
· A Japanese railway worker halted a commuter train passing an emergency stop button because he needed an excuse for being late, Police said after arresting the man on Monday.
· On the football scene, Barcelona refuse to rule out a move fro Arsenal captain Fabregas.
· Students from at least 3 different universities took to the streets of Lagos yesterday morning in protest of the continued ASUU strike.
· Nigerians will pay more for electricity with effect from this month following a 10 percent increase in tariffs, according to federal Govt;s plan to encourage private sector participation in the power sector.
· Marketers are failing to embrace social media, with only 3 % looking into channels such as blogging and micro-blogging via tools like twitter.
Next, it was time for the How-To show and Double 09 and Tari took on a brief on how to make your home a house of commotion. They shared powerful tips on how not to build a home.
At a few minutes to 11, Tosyn and Tari signed out on the show.