WEDNESDAY, 19TH AUGUST, 2009
The Top of the Morning show on Top Radio 90.9 today, Thursday, 19th August, 2009 with Innocent Idibia aka 2-baba, aka 2face was the bomb! the studio was flooded with calls and texts, but funny enough, contrary to my expectations, the ladies didn’t call as much as the guys, I thought the ladies would be the ones that just couldn’t have enough of this guy.
The AREA! show was very dynamic today, with callers from Abule-egba, Bariga, Yaba, Oshodi, Ikorodu, Egbeda, Sagamu, and even Ilorin! Most people today were celebrating family members, mothers, fathers, brothers and entire families, there was even a lady who used the opportunity to make her entire family celebrities forever!:) We’d like to use this opportunity to thank all members of the AREA! family, all our regular callers, especially people from Ikorodu, we seem to have a large fanbase there, you’re highly appreciated and we also want to make you our celebrities forever...
We had a representative, Tola Sunmonu from Harambee Nigeria, an African youth Initiative with a focus on revitalizing the agricultural sector, because they believe that our economic success as Africans depends on that sector. She spoke about the initiative, but focused more on their upcoming annual conference, Harambee 2.0, which will take place on the 28th of August at Shell hall, MUSON centre, Onikan by 8am, the theme of the conference is “Planting Seeds of Tomorrow” and ... wait for it, wait for it... Admission is Free! There’ll be entertainment(MI is gonna be there) and lunch is served (yippee), it’s sponsored by Zenith Bank, Tantalizers and many others, (hence the “freeness”), so if you’re young, youthful , going to be in Lagos next week and you have plans for Friday, cancel it! ‘cos Harambee 2.0 is the place to be. To make reservations and for more details, check out www.hendeavor.org or send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or their facebook group. You can also send a text to 08071949742. “harambeeeeee, is together...”
Tuface almost set the studio on fire today with all the calls and text messages, so many people wanted to know when he was getting married, haba Nigerians, abeg leave the guy alone jare, at least he already has five children and three “companions”, what does he need marriage for after that. Tuface was so hot that even after the Top of the Morning show, they refused to let him leave the studio o, the sports guys asked him to stay and talk about his “HyperTech” football club, and , Mr. nice guy that he is, he obliged. To get in touch with Tuface, check out his website www.infinit2.com or call 08023241089.
N.B: Please no stalking, cyber or otherwise.:)
EXCERPTS OF TOP 9 MOMENTS WITH ARAMYDE
• MJ will be buried on his birthday, August 29th in LA by 10am. RIP MJ
• A 30 year old woman has been prosecuted in Missouri for cyberbullying her ex-husbands girlfriend's 17 year old daughter (Is it an obsession or something, if d guy say im no do, na by force?)
• A dance instructor in "So you think you can dance", Alex da silva has been arrested on sexual assault charges
• Robin Wright and Sean Penn are finally set to divorce and this time, Robin Wright says there's no hope for reconciliation
• A woman in Tunisia claims to be pregnant with "twelvetuplets" i.e twelve children, 6 boys and 6 girls, she has not gone for an ultrasound (i wonder how she knew their sexes) and official say her claim is highly unlikely
• " the more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is to praise and celebrate" Oprah
That's all for today. Till tomorrow