Probably the most anticipated day on Top Morning with Tosyn Buchnor, Celebrity Wednesday comes your way as it does on every 3rd day of the week. It is that day of the week when we get the rare privilege of letting people know we appreciate them by making celebrities out of everyday people around us. It could be the Vendor on our street, the woman selling food in our area, construction site workers, diligent law enforcement agents, a wonder friend or parent and so on. The chosen person automatically becomes a celebrity for the day on Top Radio. Let’s not forget as well that on Wednesdays, big-time celebrities come into the studio and share some things about themselves.
But before all these, there shall be traffic updates! At MEiran, Yaba, Owode, Ikeja, Lagos-Ibadan expressway, Bariga, Ketu, Mushin, Ota, Agbado, Ogba, Berger, and Abule Egba, the traffic was quite light. On the contrary, there was a heavy traffic at places like: Lagos-Abeokuta expressway, Ikorodu, Idimu, Egbeda, 3rd Mainland Bridge, Iju, Mile 12, Fagba, Mile 2, and Ojo. After the Area Show, it was music, music and more music on Top Radio 90.9.
Top 9 Moments with Aramide went in this order:
1. Michael Jackson’s father, Joe Jackson, has lifted the lid on the star's burial. He will be laid to rest on his birthday, the 29th August, at the Forest Lawn Cemetery in LA at 10 am.
2. A Missouri woman has been charged with cyberbullying for allegedly posting photos and personal information of a teenage girl on the "Casual Encounters" section of Craigslist after an Internet argument. Prosecutors said 40-year-old Elizabeth A. Thrasher posted the 17-year-old's picture, e-mail address and cell phone number on the Web site in a posting that suggested the girl was seeking a sexual encounter.
3. A salsa dance instructor and choreographer on the Fox television show "So You Think You Can Dance" was arrested this morning on a felony warrant charging him with sexually assaulting four women. Alex Da Silva, 41, was arrested at his North Hollywood home by Los Angeles police. The charges include four counts of forcible rape, two counts of assault with intent to commit rape and two counts of sexual penetration by a foreign object.
4. A French EuroMillions lottery winner has been found guilty of trying to bribe traffic police after they caught him drunk at the wheel of a souped-up Ferrari, his lawyer said Tuesday.Pascal Brun, a 39-year-old former butcher who began collecting Italian sportscars after scooping a 26-million-euro (37-million-dollar) jackpot in 2004, was nabbed on France's Atlantic coast near Bordeaux on Saturday.
5. Robin Wright Penn has filed for divorce from her husband Sean Penn. The papers, filed in Marin County, Calif., on Aug. 12, state that "both parties have already agreed to [shared] custody" over their minor son, Hopper Jack, 16, and that "the estranged couple have already agreed to division of all property." The reason for the split is listed as "irreconcilable differences." Wright Penn, best known for roles in The Princess Bride and Forrest Gump, is not seeking spousal support.
6. Great Britain's Phillips Idowu won the men's triple jump world title here at the world athletics championships on Tuesday when he beat defending Olympic and world champion Nelson Evora. The 30-year-old Olympic silver medalist won gold here with a mark of 17.73 metres - the best in the world this season - while Portugal's Evora was second with 17.55m and Alexis Copello of Cuba was third with 17.36m. It was sweet revenge for Idowu who jumped his season's best for 2008 of 17.62m in Beijing, but still lost out to Evora's 17.67m leap.
7. Nicolas Anelka has labelled Chelsea as favourites to win the Premier League and dismissed rivals Liverpool and Arsenal. The Frenchman feels new Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti has the ability to guide the club to success after a hard-fought, late win over Hull City at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.
8. A woman in Tunisia is claiming to be pregnant with 12 babies, according to French and British media. Initial reports state that the anonymous woman is said to be ignoring medical advice and will attempt to have all six boys and six girls. She has refused to see a doctor for an ultrasound.
9. Paris Hilton's movie "Pledge This!" was a colossal flop, but a Miami judge says she won't have to pay more than $8 million because of it. A lawsuit by investors in the film sought that amount, blaming the 2006 movie's poor showing on Hilton's failure to promote the film. Hilton claims she did everything she could to plug it.
Now, if there’s something noteworthy about Wednesdays, it is the fact that interviews are usually conducted. Today, Tola Sunmonu of Harambe Nigeria was interviewed about the foundation. Harambe is a foundation for Nigerian students working abroad and it focuses on the Agricultural sector because in her own words, ‘...when the Agricultural sector is balanced, there will be a difference in the other sectors that affect the economy. it is also an entrepreneurial design program’. At present, the Foundation is working with students at OAU, Ife. In furtherance of the vision, Harambe is organizing her 2nd annual conference on August 28, 2009 at Shell Hall, Muson Centre and it is FREE! For bookings and reservations, the number to call is: 08071949742 while the e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org, and the website is: www.hendeavor.org. The theme for the conference is: ‘Planting the seeds of tomorrow’.
Just when we thought we’ve seen it all and heard it all, the big one landed. Innocent Idibia or Tuface Idibia, as he’s popularly called, stepped into the studio. He shared a lot of things about his numerous interests and his life as a musician. He talked about how he just gets into the spirit of the lyrics as he does his songs and even when he does ‘collabos’ with other artistes. He doesn’t know which of his songs he loves best though and his first choice of a football club is HyperTech FC then Enyimba and Lobi Stars FC. He also shared his take on the criticisms that come his way every now and then. He says he just lets them help him put himself to check and carry on with the vision- singing. He’s not sure of when he’ll be married but he’s definite it’ll be just one wife. Best food, he says is beans, yam and dry fish. Wow. When asked whether he ever saw himself being this big when he first started out, he said all he did was to hope, pray and fast about it. Then he talked about his 10th anniversary- 10 years of being an artist! To find out more about him, you can always visit: www.infinit2.com
The show ended in a very interesting way today with Tosyn and Tuface arguing over whether or not she’s VERY tall. What I think? Find out yourself. Lol